We survived February! A busy month, we held two courses in Shell for community development, one on participatory methods of teaching and the other on bible-storying. We had a great 10 days, but we were exhausted by the end! Now to put it into practice.
Last weekend we were in Quito for our church’s missions conference. Alfredo held a workshop on “the unreached of Ecuador” which he used as a chance to explain how holistic mission (words, signs and deeds) can reach people. In preparation we reread many of the books we studied 6 years ago… a good reminder of the principles of community development.
The kids had fun with the family over the carnival holiday; I tried to make pancakes and had lots of cake and flowers for my birthday.
This month Alfredo has trips to Washintsa and Centro Yuu planned and I start second semester at university on the 18th.
Praises and prayers:
- · Praise for a well-attended mission conference and workshop
- Praise for the good courses held in Shell
- Praise for the time Stewart was with us and pray for his time on placement in Peru.
- Praise for a good start to the work in Centro Yuu and pray the community will be ready to work on the next visit.
- Pray for the visit to Washintsa next week, a chance to teach some of the classes learnt in the course and start the project.
- Pray for the university as it has its government evaluation this month and term starts. I am teaching renewable energy (and trying to get out of teaching fluids and thermodynamics).
- Pray for the water projects team as we prepare for the arrival of working visitors in April and summer missionaries in June and pray for Teresa, Steve and Ruth and Martin and Julia as they prepare.
Thanks for your prayers and support for our work in Ecuador,
Alex and Alfredo, Benjamin and Camila