Tuesday 13 November 2007

discipling nations

I am reading a very interesting and thought-provoking book at the mo, Old Testament Template by Landa Cope. Christians are called not to just tell all nations about Jesus, but also to disciple all nations... but what is discipleship? a discipled nation should see the influence of Christianity in all domains of life, health, education, government science, education, etc. is this being seen nowin countries around the world, in Ecuador?

one part made me think about what I am doing now... Jesus at the end of his life (his short life) was able to say that
"I have brought you (His father) glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do" (John 17.4)
Jesus knew his job and ensured it was complete.

do I know my job? and am I doing all I can to complete it or am I getting sidetracked?

In this three years in Shell I think my job is to train our Shuar water technicians sufficiently that they can work alone and to set up model communities that can be templates for other communities to copy.

am I achieving this? at the moment I feel I could be doing far more to focus on this goal... maybe less is more and we should do less projects but do them better... do more training and less doing!

these are just my initial thoughts... I'll keep you posted as I ponder and develop thinking further
alex

No comments: