We have the opportunity to bring stuff down with a group in August from the States... so here is your chance to buy us a little something that we need in the office. If you’re interested in helping us purchase these things, please write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give on line at www.hcjb.org.uk and put in the memo line ‘leon’ and what the money is for.
· Printer cartridges HP 60 @£16/$26 a pair (they are double the price in Ecuador)
· Comfortable Therm-a-Rest mattress for Alfredo £65/$100
· Replacement Filter cartridges for katadyn vario multiflow water filter @£ 18/$30 each (this is the water filter we use when we are in the jungle)
· 2 wide-mouth water bottles (Nalgene) that fit on to the Katadyn filter @£10 /$16 each
· External hard-drive for office file back-up and ‘caselogic’ case @£65/$100
· 2 Bug-huts (mosquito nets that are self supporting, like a dome tent) @£50/$80
· New desktop computer and back-up battery protection @£500/$800
Engineering in Emergencies handbook £30/$50
Field guide to environmental engineering for development book £30/$50
Field guide to appropriate technology book £50/$75
And some desired stuff for us...
· Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney, the book for my next women’s book study @ £10/$15
· Delagua have offered free filters, but postage costs £90. This will mean we could filter drinking water instead of boiling.
· A digital SLR camera, memory card and case @£400/$650
· Samsung galaxy tablet £320/$500